Whether goods and products are being transported from the dispatcher between a business-to-business or between a business-to-user, the goods must arrive in pristine condition at the customer. Damaged goods mean that it is impossible to sell the products because they are unusable and therefore unacceptable. Damaged products are wasted money. Edge protectors to can be used when shipping your goods and products – they are a solution to these problems.
The Value of An Edge Protector
The primary use of temporary edge protectors is to reduce the incidence of damaged goods during shipping. A survey of wholesalers and retailers, sponsored by the Food Marketing Institute and the FMI/GMA alliance, found that damaged foods accounted for 43.3% of their unsaleable goods. In addition, shipping edge protectors created the following responses in customers:
- Customers are likely to remain loyal to suppliers because of their positive customer experience.
- Customers believe businesses are paying less attention to service. Using edge protectors demonstrates your attention to detail.
- Most customers have decided not to make additional purchases because of poor experiences. Edge protection solutions reduce the possibility of poor experiences.
What Is an Edge Protector?
Edge protectors are rigid angles that:
- Reinforce the edges on the corners, tops and bottoms of boxes.
- They may do the same to protect the corners of stacked containers.
- They may reinforce the interior corners of containers.
- They protect against the stress and friction of straps and restraints.
What Does an Edge Protector Do?
Packaging, shipping and logistics: The most vulnerable places on packages are at the edges of containers. When lifted, moved, and shipped, packages of all sizes will collide, fall and/or shift. Edge protectors are the most efficient, simple and reliable way to:
- Protect the edges,
- Strengthen boxes,
- Facilitate stacking, and
- Protect against strapping.
Edge Protector Applications
- Unitizing: When product containers are palletized, edge protectors stretched across the top edges all around will keep the stack configured as a column.
- Stacking: Edge protectors at the vertical edges permit layers of stacks depending on the weight of the product, the weight of the pallet and the means to secure the corner boards.
- Internal Support: Edge protectors support containers at the inside corners. These supports reduce the amount of corrugation in the boxing material.
- Strap Protection: Cables and strapping are used to keep stacks secure and in place. Ironically, the tension used can damage the containers they are meant to protect. Placement of corner boards at vertical and horizontal edges accept and redistribute that tension and pressure.
For more information on Edge Protectors for sale and shipping solutions, contact us now!